I've played with both Outfitter and ItemRack; of the two I find that I prefer ItemRack. Its only downside is the somewhat glacial update speed.
This becomes an annoyance when you start trying to make switching gear & talent specs as painless as possible!
The first thing I tried was a really simple macro:
/itemrack equip Resto /usetalents 2
Whilst that works, it falls down with items which require a talent to equip - eg going from resto to dual wield - which mean needing to hit the button twice (luckily /usetalents for a spec you're already in is a no-op). Unfortunately you can't swap the order over due to the cast time of /usetalents.
Enter in Events for ItemRack; specifically using lua based ones. To set this up, do the following:
- Open up the ItemRack configuration
- Select the Events tab
- Select "New"
- Put in a suitable name for the event - eg "Talent Swap"
- Select an event type of "Script"
- The event trigger to use is ACTIVE_TALENT_GROUP_CHANGED
- Click the Editor button
- Use the following LUA code; replace SetForPrimaryTalents with the name of the gear set you want for the primary talent set; same for secondary.
local talentGroup = GetActiveTalentGroup() if talentGroup == 1 then ItemRack.EquipSet("SetForPrimaryTalents") elseif talentGroup == 2 then ItemRack.EquipSet("SetForSecondaryTalents") end
- Test by using the "Test" button on the editor - one trick here is to be in your primary talent tree, but have your secondary set on. When you hit "test" it should change sets.
- Click Update on the editor
- Click Save