This is a UI post where I'm going to ask you to give me some suggestions. Feel free to skip if you are in no way proud or satisfied with your UI.
So, my main is a raiding 70 priest. I play lots of lower level alts (ie not all bars are filled out) and my "main alt" is a mid 60 rogue that i'll probably play a lot to farm.
With all of that, here is my UI and a list of the major things I use:( Collapse )
What I need from you...
- CTRaid boxes: mainly for mana and ... eh, no real reason why i haven't removed them from my screen
- Grid: my love. I am now crutched onto this addon and am gonna be fucking screwed when it breaks with 2.1
- Bongos takes care of my action bars
- Swstats for epeen and boredom prevention
...is a good suggestion for a character and target unit frame. I don't do target of target, grid takes care of that. What I would ideally
prefer is my character frame to be on the left of grid and my target to be on the right of grid since I'm pretty tunnel vision when I'm healing. I also want this addon to have a good combo point system since I will be playing my rogue a lot.
I'd prefer none of this shitty 3d gimicky stuff as its pointless and annoys me. I will probably go back to some form of Perl unit frames eventually since I've used it before and because I relaly like Perl the programming language...
...unless you guys can convince me one of two things:
- The Perl programming language is abhorrent and should never be spoken of again
- Or, you have a better UI suggestion than Perl
I am also up for overall critiques and suggestions on my layout as I'm sort of a nub to raid healing
PS. Any Bay Area folks here? Interested in doing a meetup for drinks and shooting the shit? I need to meet new folks and all the regular people think I'm crazy when I say I spend 20 hours a week playing this game.
PPS. Anyone know of an addon that will let me move that stupid tooltip to the top and center of my screen. I HATE having to lookin the bottom right corner of the screen all the time.